Thursday, November 15, 2007

First Snow (YEAH!!!!) & Thanksgiving

We had our first snowfall this week - several inches. Shadow loved it (until the pads of her feet got full), and so did I. We had an extra walk during the day just to enjoy it.

I'm amazed at the peacefulness of snow each time it falls! The world is "quieter", "softer", and, of course, "brighter"! It really overcomes the darkness, for the nights are lighter as a result of a layer of snow. Every time it falls, I thank the Lord for allowing me to experience snow with the heart of a child. (Now, if only the body would be able to do that!!!!)

On Tuesday, Team Kharkov celebrated Thanksgiving (I know, it's next Thursday, but we're ahead over here)! This time next week (Thursday), our team will be traveling west for a mini-retreat. We're excited about the opportunity to see a part of the country none of us have visited previously, and having time to relax, play, and pray together. So, we decided to prepare our meal this week so it would not be quite as hectic.

I hope to add some pictures soon. I'm just afraid once I get started, I may never stop (I have literally thousands of digital pics from the past couple of years).

Have an awesome day!

No comments: